Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Turkey and Kale Soup Recipe


This turkey and kale soup is so filling and delicious.  I was eating it for like the fortieth time today and realized that I needed to share it with my friends here.

Serve it with some crusty bread, and it makes an impressively simple entree.  It also freezes great and reheats amazingly with a little extra water on the stove top.


Turkey and Kale Soup
adapted from Peasant Bean Stew, The Fresh 20

Ingedients
Olive oil
1 pound ground turkey
1 medium sized onion, diced
3 medium carrots, peeled and dicecd
4 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
4 cups of chicken broth (I use low sodium)
2 cups of water
1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
salt and pepper
4-6 giant handfuls of kale, washed and trimmed of thick stems
1 can great northern beans, drained and rinsed (I use low sodium)
2 cups of diced potato (I used a large russet baking style potato)
Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)


  1. Heat olive oil n a large pot over medium heat.  Add ground turkey and brown until cooked through, crumbling with a wooden spoon.
  2. Add the onions, carrots, and garlic.  Stir it up and cooked for a couple of minutes.
  3. Add the remaining ingredients, except cheese, and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through (but not mushy).
  4. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve.



Yum!  Hurry and make it before it gets too warm out for soup.  You won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

I'm so excited that you've decided to join the discussion! I think what you have to say is so interesting and it's valuable to share our thoughts with everyone. I'll reply here on the blog so please check back and keep the conversation going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...