This is the first time I've ever sewn curves for a quilt block. The block uses a component of the Drunkard's Path block. I found that I much prefer the non-pinning technique (video here on the She Can Quilt blog) to pinning all over the place. I really dislike pinning things to be honest.
I did have a hard time deciding how to quilt this thing though. I am still very new to FMQ, so I wanted to take the opportunity to practice on a small project like this.
I finally decided on a meandering stipple for the sprout sections, straight lines in the stem, and some little doodled flowers in the borders. I know I need some more practice with keeping my stitches even, but I'm actually very proud of myself for just going for it.
I know now that I think I'd prefer the look of those doodled flowers better if they were not so close to the binding. Note to self for next time, you know!
I am really very happy with how this project turned out. I think it is my favorite so far this year! Not that I've finished much so far this year... ;)
Happy Spring Y'all!