Sunday, February 3, 2013

Scrappy Sunday

I thought it would be fun to start a series to showcase ways to use scraps in various projects.  Each week, on Sunday, I'll be linking to some scrappy ideas, and hopefully I'll have some projects of my own to share as well.  Let's get scrappy!

Do you follow Jess of Stitched in Thyme?  You totally should because then you'd see some adorable puppy photos (Love Fleury.  LOVE.).  Jess' recent sewing room cleanup inspired my own sewing room cleanup (okay, fine, I may have ripped off her room and copied!).  

You'd also see great projects like this one!  You know those teeny, tiny little niblets of your very favorite fabrics?  Jess has shared such a unique, and wonderful way to use them up!

Check out this scrappy ticker tape-style place mat she made with a fall theme.  

ticker tape placemat
(photo used with permission)
Y'all, how cute is that?!  Can't you just imagine a heart shape for Valentine's Day?  Or Easter eggs!  Pumpkins!  Christmas trees!  Your monogram!  A mustache (come on, someone has to think that'd be cool)!  So many possibilities here.

Check out how Jess did it by clicking through to Stitched in Thyme.  Don't forget to leave some comment love on her post to let her know how much you love it!  Thanks for sharing your fabulous project, Jess!

What are some of your favorite ways to use scraps?  Link up a project in the comments and I may feature it on Scrappy Sunday! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Kristan. I loved this project (and I don't really "do" improv) but this is something I think I could really get into. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited that you've decided to join the discussion! I think what you have to say is so interesting and it's valuable to share our thoughts with everyone. I'll reply here on the blog so please check back and keep the conversation going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...