Tuesday, October 9, 2012

WIP Wednesday

It's that time again!  Here's what I'm working on.


Scrappy monochromatic log cabins for Ellison Lane Quilts' Scrappy Stash Quilt Along!  Pink blocks are done, and I'm working on the third red block.  I would like to get ahead because I feel like I get myself involved in too many things!  LOL  


This is what I am envisioning my final layout to look like.  


Here's another simple patchwork baby quilt I've started for a new second cousin.  The fabric is from an old quilt kit I had laying around (I really don't know why I buy quilt kits, they are so not my thing).  I didn't like the pattern (seriously, why did I buy it?), so I just cut it up into forty 5" squares and threw in a Bella Solids charm pack just like I did with LT's quilt.

I made some progress on my Jack Attack blocks.  However, I'm not really sure I'm into doing them anymore.  But perhaps it's just because every time I pick them up, I end up getting distracted with other things so I'm not enjoying the process.  I have all the block components cut out, and one block made.  I need to finish the 3 other blocks, then sash them into a Union Jack.  After that I'm going to add a border and call it a day.  That's the plan anyways.  If I ever pick them up again!

I sewed up a little pumpkin hotpad.

I pieced together my Threadbias pincushion for swap.  But then I didn't like it.  I fiddled with it and I think I have it figured out so it looks like I envisioned in my head.

The little fox I stitched is done, and the fabric purchased to turn it into a pouch.

The UFO quilt I finished to donate for 100 Quilts for Kids has still not been touched.  If I want to link it up, I'm going to have to finish it this week.  We'll see!  It will still get donated eventually, which is the main point anyways.

I also sewed up a new bag, but that's another post!

Linking up to:

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

6 comments:

  1. I really like the scrappy log cabins. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrappy log cabins are awesome! I love the layout you're considering! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy! Fantastic log cabins, that design layout looks great. And the baby quilt? Way to take something you no longer love and turn it into something cute, it will make a great gift. Union jacks look cool and all, but if you're not loving it anymore just let it sit, no harm in taking a breather! Good luck with all your wips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristan - your scrappy log cabin blocks look great and I love the layout you are doing. I sometimes buy quilt kits but it is just for the convenience of someone else coordinating the fabrics for me - I always use them for something other than the intended pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that layout for the scrappy log cabins! It's going to look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am taking on the stash challenge and I have never done a log cabin or monochromatic.. I didnt do my homework very well... I made grey,pink and green blocks( all these colors in one block) do you think it will be ok,or should I change it..

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited that you've decided to join the discussion! I think what you have to say is so interesting and it's valuable to share our thoughts with everyone. I'll reply here on the blog so please check back and keep the conversation going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...