Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Finish - LT's Quilt

LT's Quilt by doodledodesigns
LT's Quilt, a photo by doodledodesigns on Flickr.

I finally finished up my boy's quilt.  I had a little hiccup when I ran out of orange thread for the quilting, but I found some more and got back on it.

LT's Quilt

It's just simple patchwork from charms.  The white squares were precuts (Moda), and the rest were cut from my stash and scraps.  Most are from Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane line, but there are a few others mixed in.

LT's Quilt

Binding is a stripe from Nicey Jane.


The back is also a Nicey Jane print.  I used so much from this line because that's what I bought to do his nursery in over 2 years ago when I was pregnant.  I never did make him a quilt, so I had plenty of fabric from this line to work with.  And bonus that it matches his walls so I won't have to paint when it's time to transition into the "big boy room". 


Gotta love the crinkly goodness that is a quilt fresh from the dryer.


I think he loves it too.  ♥


16 comments:

  1. Kristan it's such a gorgeous quilt! I love the colors you picked for his room and the quilting with the orange thread looks awesome! Yay for the finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great quilt. I'm a fan of the Nicey Jane line too. I used that dot print (but in the pink colorway) as the backing for several projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very sweet. I think the sweet little guy agrees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet quilt! Love the quilting on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a little cutie! I can see why he loves his quilt. It's beautiful! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute quilt! reminds me a lot of rita's quilts (from red pepper quilts)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful quilt, and I like the orange quilting and striped binding.
    And your little boy is such a cutie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from ThreadBias. Very cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great boy quilt. I'm sure he's going to cuddle up in it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw what a cute son! Beautiful quilt too, I love the colors in this line!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh it's fabulous! And your little boy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super-cute! Love the colors and simplicity :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute quilt for an adorable boy! Love the quilting in orange thread!!'

    Thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've officially made me want to learn to quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited that you've decided to join the discussion! I think what you have to say is so interesting and it's valuable to share our thoughts with everyone. I'll reply here on the blog so please check back and keep the conversation going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...