Thursday, December 20, 2012

A couple of little Christmas gifts

infant peasant dress and headband

Look...I made stuff using fabric and thread and a sewing machine!  Wow, that felt good.  I just wish I had better lighting for the photos, but I'm throwing this post up as fast as I can so Little Teague and I can go meet the recipients for our weekly playdate.  Isn't this peasant dress adorable?  I used the free pattern from Sew Much Ado.  It's so so tiny and cute!  Very quick and easy sew.  I was done with this in a little over an hour, including the rosettes and headband.  I think I will buy the multi-size pattern when this little miss grows some more!  The fabric is Michael Miller Dumb Dot in Charcoal and the little teal rosettes are something from Moda.

Next up is a coloring kit I whipped up.  My intention was to write a tutorial, but in my searching, it turns out that one already exists.  Though mine is slightly different and uses fat quarters and is sized perfectly to fit a certain type of art supplies...  I'm not really sure what the etiquette is on this, but I don't want to step on any toes so I guess I won't be writing the tute.  I don't know, what do you think?

Fat Quarter Friendly Coloring Kit

Fat Quarter Friendly Coloring Kit

After I had all the dimensions figured out right, it was a really fast sew!  The "figuring" part took a LONG time though!  Ha.  I started this project weeks ago...you should see the rejects, they're laughable.

Fat Quarter Friendly Coloring Kit

Fabrics used are the Ed Emberly Scribbles, Joel Dewberry Herringbone, and Alexander Henry Heath.

Fat Quarter Friendly Coloring Kit

As you can see from the photos, the supplies that this kit holds are those fun little mini coloring kits that are perfect for stocking stuffers.  

Well, I can't imagine I'll have another post before the end of the year (unless I get some super amazing sewing loot from Santa!), so see y'all in 2013!  Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

  1. SURELY you'll get some super amazing sewing loot from Santa. I'm expecting some! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited that you've decided to join the discussion! I think what you have to say is so interesting and it's valuable to share our thoughts with everyone. I'll reply here on the blog so please check back and keep the conversation going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...