Friday, September 14, 2012

Scrap Vomit Swap



Have you heard about Angie's Scrap Vomit Swap over at Gnome Angel?  I've signed up and even cut all my squares already.  I'm sending more than the 49 required, and all different to boot.  Why?  Because I can.  Unless I'm told not to.  Then I'll send the ugliest 49.



Check out these gems.  Honestly, why do I have this fabric in the first place?  Wooden floorboards?  Really?  And no stash is complete without some BenFrank.

My original thought was to use my scrap loot towards my postage stamp quilt that I've been working on for about a million years.  It's a hand work project.  So there is no end in sight.  Bed sized, all hand pieced, all hand quilted.  Yeah, I'm crazy.

Anyways, I realized after I signed up that I am using smaller than 2.5" squares in mine...so I'd have to cut all the scraps down.  Eh, not trying to make this impossible quilt any harder.  Then I remembered that my sister is actually making a Scrap Vomit quilt and she's always dropping hints about swapping scraps.  So this is for my sister then.  I'm sending my loot to her, plus a set of the same squares that I am donating.  So she should be able to get a good 4+ blocks out of this.  She totally deserves this too, she's the best at giving awesome sewing related gifts, so I'm just trying to pay it forward.


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I signed up for the swap too! I seriously hope I get to be one of your partners. Would never buy the bills fabric, but isn't it just perfect? And good for you to give to your sister!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited that you've decided to join the discussion! I think what you have to say is so interesting and it's valuable to share our thoughts with everyone. I'll reply here on the blog so please check back and keep the conversation going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...