The cover was falling off and the foam underneath was so thin that it was leaving the marks from the metal pattern when I pressed something.
I didn't have any foam on hand, but I did have some heat resistant batting and regular batting scraps.
So I put the board face down on them, traced, and cut one of each.
I am not entirely sure how this will hold up in the long run, but it has worked nicely so far!
I think the book was great. I could have figured out how to do it on my own eventually but the book just had it laid out right there, ready to go. No need to figure anything out. The book gave me that little nudge that I definitely needed to get the job done.
Linking up to Craft Buds: