Sunday, September 30, 2012

Finally Finished! Halloween Quilt

Halloween Quilt by doodledodesigns
Halloween Quilt, a photo by doodledodesigns on Flickr.
Another finish!  I'm trying really hard to knock down my to-do list, because I have more projects I want to start!


The back is fuzzy white flannel with some pieced scraps (my favorite cheap way to back a quilt!).  I had a little trouble squaring it up after quilting, so it's a little wonky.  But it's not as wonky as it appears in these photos...I was just in a hurry to hang it!  Sorry!


Binding is just a random grey with black dots, plus a scrap on the corner.  Because it's cute.  And because I didn't want to cut another WOF strip of the dot print when I knew I only needed a few more inches.  ;)


Wavy line quilting.  I wish I made it more intentionally messy and scribbley.  I kind of think it just looks like I messed up (see photo of the back).


I love these little motifs in the borders.  Frank is an inside joke with my husband and I, so I'm glad I included him here.  


Hi little ghost!


The mummy here just kills me.


Saved the best for last!  The little spider is probably my favorite (though I hate real life spiders!).  He's going after the candy corn, just like I would.

Happy Halloween!

Linking to:
SNAP!

4 comments:

  1. That quilt is so cute! I LOVE the little guys in the quilt border, and the hand quilting around it just makes it even better. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great border! I love all your little guys hanging out there. Congtats on the finish! There is no better motivation to finish a quilt than the urge to start something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love it! The little dudes on the border are fantastic. I have some of the same fabric, but none of the patience!
    Fantastic Finish, Kristan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Halloween quilt is so cute. I especially love the boarder.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited that you've decided to join the discussion! I think what you have to say is so interesting and it's valuable to share our thoughts with everyone. I'll reply here on the blog so please check back and keep the conversation going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...