Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Sweet Rudolph Doll


Dolls and Daydreams Rudolph

I have had a lot going on lately, and I am pretty overwhelmed.  Some of it has to do with sewing deadlines, some of it related to getting Stitcherie up and running, and some is just regular life stuff.  Sometimes I just need to sew for fun, even when I have a zillion other things on my list of things I have committed to do.  It is my hobby after all, even though I am sort of trying to make a job out of it.

Dolls and Daydreams Rudolph

That's where this guy comes in.  Meet Rudolph!  He was sewn up using this pattern by Sarah at Dolls and Daydreams.  Isn't he the sweetest thing?  I was browsing the patterns during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale, and when I saw him, I had to have him.  

Dolls and Daydreams Rudolph

Look at that sweet little tail!  The details in this pattern are spot on.  The bits of felt I used are from Maureen Cracknell's shop.  It is so much nicer than the craft store stuff.  

Dolls and Daydreams Rudolph

He makes a darling little Christmas decoration for the house...

Dolls and Daydreams Rudolph

...but this guy really took to him.  As soon as I was done sewing on the last holly berry, my little one claimed Rudolph as his own and slept with him, abandoning his two other loved stuffies for the night.  And it wasn't so bad to be woken up at 5 AM to him standing next to my bed saying "Momma, I love him because you made him for me."   Heart.  Melt.  This is why I sew.

Dolls and Daydreams Rudolph

Ruldolph is the first doll I've ever made, but he won't be the last.  I think I might be hooked!  I have another Dolls and Daydreams pattern that I plan to formally review, now that I know what I'm doing in the doll making department, so stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. Seriously cute Kristan! Love the tail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love him so much! So glad you loved making him, hugs and happy handmade holidays, Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little reindeer is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, my, gosh. That photo of your son holding him is absolutely precious. Wonderful! Glad you took the time for some fun.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited that you've decided to join the discussion! I think what you have to say is so interesting and it's valuable to share our thoughts with everyone. I'll reply here on the blog so please check back and keep the conversation going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...