Hey y'all. I didn't mean to take the summer off, but I guess that's what happened, huh? Turns out when school is out and I don't get a few continuous hours to myself, I don't do much sewing. I am very active on Instagram, and always share anything I do get around to sewing on my Threadbias account. And now school has started up again this week, so here I am with some things to share!
I finished my Marcelle Medallion, finally. I left the last border off because I couldn't decide which fabric to use. Easy enough solution, right?
My favorite part of this quilt are the strips of flying geese. One day I will make an entire quilt full of geese. One day.
I had some issues with folding on the back. I, unfortunately, did not notice until after I was done quilting it. Oh well! It looks a little better after a wash though. I also tried machine binding, which was definitely a disaster. You can see all the parts where my stitches did not catch the binding on the back. I did hand tack those down after I took the photo, so no worries. Backing fabric is some Kona solid I can't remember the name of and a DS Quilts print from JoAnn.
And here's a scrappy patchwork throw that I was compelled to make because we simply just don't have enough quilts in this house. My goal with this one was to only use fabrics I had on hand and not to purchase anything except batting (since I don't typically keep any on hand). I met that goal!
This was made mostly with charms from a swap I participated in with some Sew South Retreat ladies. I didn't end up going to Sew South, but they still mailed me my charms. So sweet!
The backing is a large piece of Nicey Jane and a smaller piece of Hello Betty. The binding is a pink and navy plaid DS Quilts print from JoAnn. It felt good to use up fabric that has just been sitting in my stash for way too long. I tried machine binding again on this quilt, this time glue basting. I LOVE GLUE BASTING. From now on, every time I machine bind, I'm definitely glue basting. It didn't take long at all, and the only parts that my stitches didn't catch were small spots on two of the corners. Practice will make perfect though!
So that's what I've been up to! I've got a few more things to share, including bee blocks and a medallion round robin I'm doing on Threadbias, so stay tuned! Thanks for sticking with me after such a long hiatus.