Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I'm Going to QuiltCon...


...so here's what I look like, and 5 things you may not know about me!

1. I am a super geek when it comes to Disney.  If we're being totally honest, if I had to pick one love between sewing and Disney, I'm sorry, but Disney would win.  *gasp*  And maybe this is cheating because I'm sure I've mentioned it on the blog before, but it's really just that important.  ;)

2. I went to prom with my husband.  At the time, we had only been dating for like 6 months though.  I wore a white dress and he wore a tux and we joked that the photos could be our wedding photos.  Roughly 7 years later, we were married.

3. I have never broken a bone.  Up until I had my son, via c-section, I had never been hospitalized or had any sort of surgeries (and I haven't since either).  Now that I've said that, I'm sure I'll break my arm or something.  Probably at QuiltCon.  *knocks on wood*

4. I am afraid of cruises.  I am so intrigued by them, however.  We actually booked a short Disney (duh) cruise out of Galveston for April but scheduling conflicts with my husband's company required us to cancel it.  I'm still not sure if I'm disappointed or relieved.  I guess relieved after hearing about that recent stranded Carnival cruise.  My fear comes from being trapped on the boat in the middle of the ocean with no way to "escape" should the need arise.

5. I wanted to be an airplane pilot when I grew up.  Also, the president, a teacher, a chef, and a number of other things.  I couldn't decided on a profession and ended up just getting a degree in my favorite subject (history).  Now I work every day as a stay at home wife and mother - the best job I could have ever asked for!

Are you going to QuiltCon too?  Hope to see you there!  :D


3 comments:

  1. Have fun at Quilt Con! And from one Disney fan to another, I totally get it! :) This past January has to be one of the best months of my life... at the beginning of the month we went with family to Disney World for a week. And then a week and a half later, I was at Disneyland with friends due to a work conference being a mile down the road! Pure magical pixie dust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to Quiltcon and will be taking my Disney stuff (clothes, watches, ect.). Oh, please take a Disney cruise. My best vacation ever was my first Disney cruise in Europe! We just got off one in Galveston and can't wait to do another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share your intrigue and fear regarding cruises. And you are such a stunner!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited that you've decided to join the discussion! I think what you have to say is so interesting and it's valuable to share our thoughts with everyone. I'll reply here on the blog so please check back and keep the conversation going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...