Wednesday, January 2, 2013

WIP Wednesday


First post of 2013!  I hope everyone is off to a great start this new year.  I'm feeling energized!

Like many others I'm sure, I'm going to attempt to keep up with my WIPs this year.  I feel like I'm at a good starting place because I didn't have many any large projects left over from last year.  So I guess I'm starting fresh, but of course I already have a long list of things I want to do.  :)

Sorry in advance for these not so great photos.  It's been gloomy here!


First up, I'm trying to make a cover for my planner.  I love the layout of my planner, and I buy one from the same brand every year, but I don't always love the designs they use for their covers.  I wanted to incorporate my growing love for hand embroidery, so I stitched up this cute chandelier (from Embroidered Effects by Jenny Hart), adding in some sparkly and metallic floss.  I chose the colors to coordinate with this Heirloom by Joel Dewberry fabric from my stash.    Now to figure out how to make a cover that takes a spiral binding into account!


Here are some parts for my Love Circle blocks for January.  I was almost done with these (which would have been way early!) but then my iron broke AGAIN.  It's a really nice (but kind of old) Rowenta, and my husband has already fixed it once for me.  It broke in the same place again for no reason at all.  So I had to wait to finish.  But thanks to Amazon Prime, I should have my replacement iron (a Black & Decker D2030) soon.


I received this book for Christmas and I love that it's full of very boy friendly projects.  I immediately started cutting strips for this speed limit sign pillow.  I just love it!  I am going to omit the flange though.  Pillows with flanges aren't really my thing.  And less work for me!

Also on my list, but not pictured (or started yet for that matter) are a few more projects:
  • Stitch That Stash Bee blocks for Deborah (churn dash)
  • Blocks for a secret project
  • Tutorial for a secret project
  • Blocks for my turn as Queen Bee in the Stitch That Stash Bee (February!)
  • Refashion a baby outfit to work for Valentine's Day for my friend
  • Get started on some Big Boy Room pillows for another friend
  • I'd really like to make a Mind the Gap quilt, but I can't narrow down which colors I'd like to use
So my list is mostly smaller projects for now, but hopefully in a few months I'll have a couple of quilts to show for it.  My boy's school will be starting up again next week, and I'm hoping to get a routine set up that will allow for more sewing time (though there's also a need for more workout time as well!).  

Happy Wednesday Y'all!

Linking up to Freshly Pieced:

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. I love your blocks! Very colorful!
    And I can't wait to see the finished pillow - that's going to look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bee blocks are looking good! I have 3 big quilts I want to start like right now. It's a New Year thing, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the embroidery! That will be a lovely planner cover. Your to do list looks great too, I especially love what's at the top, hehe!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited that you've decided to join the discussion! I think what you have to say is so interesting and it's valuable to share our thoughts with everyone. I'll reply here on the blog so please check back and keep the conversation going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...