Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Texas Mini

The Texas Mini by doodledodesigns
The Texas Mini, a photo by doodledodesigns on Flickr.
Just a little wall hanging I made to use some scraps. It measures 18 inches square. I wanted to try out some new things, including applique (the Texas), hand quilting, and a scrappy binding. This was the perfect little project for that. It's backed in an Amy Butler Love print (Sandlewood Turquoise), the same print that makes the Texas.







I can't decide what I like more, the scrappy binding or the chunky hand quilting. Or the TEXAS!! I love it all I suppose. Good thing because it's going to live on the wall in my sewing room.


I'm linking up to:



Fresh Poppy Design

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh! This is SO cute! And genius! I love it. Great job - I like the chunky hand stitching too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! We moved from Texas to CA last year. All my kids are Texans, though I was a transplant. :) We love anything "Texas".

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited that you've decided to join the discussion! I think what you have to say is so interesting and it's valuable to share our thoughts with everyone. I'll reply here on the blog so please check back and keep the conversation going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...